What is CELTA
The Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) is an initial training course in English Language teaching (ELT). It is one of a number of Cambridge Assessment English certificates and diplomas provided for teachers.
The Cambridge CELTA teacher certificate will help you live and work abroad as well as make it easier for you to get a teaching job anywhere in the world. The Cambridge CELTA course is an internationally recognized course that gives you the necessary skills and knowledge to teach English as a second language to adults. The training is provided by fully certified and experienced Cambridge CELTA teacher trainers.
As CELTA is awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, part of the University of Cambridge, it is internationally recognized, highly respected and it presents a benchmark for quality. The CELTA is the most widely recognised and accepted TESOL certificate.
Another excellent feature of the CELTA, lacking in other trainings, is the teaching practice. On the course, you have an opportunity to teach real students of English, receive feedback on your teaching, as well as observe other teachers – some more experienced, some with little to no experience – teach, and think about their teaching. You will start thinking about teaching in more technical terms and, under the guidance of your tutors, work on becoming a more efficient and more confident teacher!
Who is CELTA for?
CELTA is designed as a pre-service, initial teacher training course for applicants with no previous experience. It may also be suitable for applicants with some experience but little formal training in the field of ELT. It is also suitable for people who have already taught English but have no formal teaching qualifications and teachers of other subjects who wish to retrain as English language teachers. Although designed for native speakers of English, it is also open to non-native speakers who have native speaker competence in both spoken and written English.
For more detailed information on the CELTA, please visit https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/teaching-english/teaching-qualifications/celta/
Download an application form (please use the link below), complete it and return it to the course administrator, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ana Kechan.
Course dates: AUGUST 30 to OCTOBER 1, 2021
Maximum number of participants for this course is 12 (twelve).
Course fees and payment
Total Course fees (not including accommodation): 1300€
Full payment due:AUGUST 25, 2021
NB: please note that should you get accepted on to the course and fail to pay the full amount until the specified date, you lose your right to partake in the course and the place will be given to another candidate.
The price includes:
- Tuition – offered by two fully certified and experienced Cambridge CELTA teacher trainers.
- Certification Fee to University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate.
- All course materials.
- Access to the library, teachers’ resources and photocopying and printing facilities.
- Free internet access during and after the course.
- In the case of cancellation by a candidate who has been accepted on to the course more than two (2) weeks or more before the course starting date, the full course fee will be refunded. With less than two weeks notice 50% of the total course fee will be refunded. If cancellation occurs during and after the final week before the starting date a 25% refund will be made.
- In exceptional circumstances the transferring of funds to another course may be considered.
- The right to cancel a course is reserved by the centre in case fewer than 4 course candidates are enrolled on the course.
- In case a course is cancelled by the centre, full tuition fee will be refunded to the course candidates.
Minimum Entry Requirements
• candidates should be aged 20 or over.
• candidates should have an awareness of language and a competence in both written and spoken English which will enable them to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels (The recommended candidate language level is C2 or high C1 on the CEFR and you might be asked to provide a language certificate to attest to a C1 level of English.)
• candidates should have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to complete successfully the written assignments and the assessment of teaching practice.
• candidates should normally have, as a minimum entry requirement, a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education. of English.
IBU CELTA Center Course details:
The course consists of the following components:
• 120 contact hours including input, supervised lesson planning, teaching practice, feedback on teaching, peer observation, observation of experienced teachers, and consultation time
• 6 hours of assessed teaching practice per trainee
• 4 hours of observation of live lessons plus 2 hours of observation of lessons on video
• 80 additional learning hours for reading, research, assignment writing, and lesson preparation
• Each candidate submits a portfolio of work including materials related to teaching practice and written assignments.
• Class hours: Full time – Monday to Friday, 9 am – 3 pm
• Course length: 5 (five) weeks
• Course fees: 1200 Euros
• Location: ONLINE