INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF EDUCATION & PHILOLOGY © 2020
ISSN: 2671-3535 (print version)
ISSN: 2671-3543 (online version)
Copyright: International Balkan University – Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
Address of the Editorial office: International Balkan University-Skopje, Faculty of Education, Makedonsko – Kosovska Brigada, Str. 1000, Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia -www.ibu.edu.mk/ijep
Editor in Chief: Asst. Prof. Dr. Igballe Miftari-Fetishi
Editors: Asst. Prof. Dr. Emin Idrizi, Asst. Prof. Dr. Katerina M. Petrusheva, Asst. Prof. Dr. Seyhan M. Ibrahimi,
Editorial secretariat: Fatime Ziberi, Canan Murteza Haykır, Debora Gashi
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Dursun Erdem, International Balkan University, North Macedonia
Prof. Dr. Brikena Xhaferi, South East European University, North Macedonia
Prof. Dr. Adnan Ismaili, State University of Tetovo, North Macedonia
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Enisa Mede, Bahcesehir University, Turkey
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Timothy Petete, University of Central Oklahoma, United States
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ana Kecan, International Balkan University, North Macedonia
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Selçuk Kürşad Koca, Qatar University, Qatar
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Biljana Popeska, University Goce Delcev, North Macedonia
Asst. Prof. Dr. Troy E. Spier, Tulane University, United States
Asst. Prof. Dr. Venera Kabashi – Llunji, AAB College, Kosovo
Asst. Prof. Dr. Claudia Stoian, Politehnica University of Timișoara, Romania
Asst. Prof. Dr. Sezen Ismail, International Balkan University, North Macedonia
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gokhan Ilgaz, Trakya University, Turkey
Asst. Prof. Dr. Marijana Klemencic, International Balkan University, North Macedonia
Pinar Ersin, PhD, Marmara University, Turkey
Klodiana Leka, PhD, “Aleksandër Moisiu” University, Albania
Asst. Prof. Dr. Refide Saini, North Macedonia
International Journal of Education and Philology (IJEP) is a peer-reviewed journal that aims to collect current research papers that provide in-depth discussion on relevant matters and issues in the field of education, foreign language teaching and learning, linguistics, and literature. It is a biannual journal, published in June and December, by Faculty of Education at International Balkan University. The Faculty of Education consists of three departments, i.e. English Language Teaching, Turkish Language Teaching and Psychological Counseling and Guidance, and hence, the journal publishes papers related, but not limited, to the following areas and topics:
English Language and Literature:
- English Linguistics
- English Literature
- Foreign Language Teaching
- Teaching methodology
- Language teaching and technology
- Language acquisition
- Needs analysis
Turkish Language and Literature:
- Turkish Linguistics
- Turkish Literature
- Turkish Language Teaching
- Education policy
- Teacher Education
- Curriculum Development
- Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Teaching and Learning approaches and Theories
- Assessment and Evaluation
Psychological Counseling and Guidance:
- School Counseling and Guidance
- Career Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Assessment in Counseling
The journal is intended to serve researchers, academicians, and practitioners all over the world who are willing to disseminate their knowledge based on their findings and experience so as to inform the existing global theory, practice, and policy.
IJEP is an open-access journal, complying with well-established peer-review processes and maintaining high publishing standards.
Our journal welcomes original submissions that have not been published previously or are not currently under consideration for publication at another journal.Authors should express the content of their own research in their own words and refrain from ethical misconduct, which includes the following:
- verbatim copying or paraphrasing of sentences, paragraphs or passages of other authors’ work without the use of appropriate citation or quotation marks following the APA style of referencing, and/or
- verbatim copying of the author’s own work which has been published elsewhere.
All manuscripts must be in either English or Turkish.
- Free Access:
The International Journal of Education and Philology (IJEP) is an open-access journal, complying with well-established peer-review processes and maintaining high publishing standards while providing permanently free articles for everyone to read and download.
- Prior to submission
Before submitting to IJEP, authors must read carefully all Journal Policies and Paper Guidelines which can be downloaded on Paper template with guidelines page. The authors are required to thoroughly review the publication requirements and make sure the manuscripts follow all the requirements listed.
When submitting papers, authors are required to meet the deadline set by the journal editorial team and manuscripts are typically submitted approximately two months prior to publication (details are provided in every Call for Papers)
Once you have verified that your initial submission meets our article requirements, please visit our Submit Manuscript page and complete the paper submission.
- Paper acceptance policy
Once your article is received, you will receive updates on the status of its progress. All article submissions are managed internally by our editorial team. The authors will receive status updates via email.
Before a paper has been published it undergoes several stages:
– The editorial team reviews the paper and decides whether to send it for peer review; this depends on whether the submitted paper is in line with the journal’s aims, policies, scope, and relevant for the readership, with both immediate and far-ranging implications.
– If the paper is sent to peer-review, the reviewer, in a period of 4 to 6 weeks, writes a report on the submitted manuscript. Based on the reviewer’s opinion and recommendation, the editorial board decides that the paper is: (a) publishable without revision, (b) publishable if revised, or (c) unpublishable.
(a) In this case, the author is sent a confirmation that his/her paper has been accepted and will be published.
(b) If the paper requires revision, the author will be sent the manuscript back with remarks and suggestions, and he will have 15 days available to complete the revision and submit the revised paper.
(c) The editorial team decides to reject the paper.
– Authors of approved papers are sent confirmation that their paper will be published in accordance with the publication schedule, either in December or in June.
- Peer Review Policy:
We are committed to the evaluation and publication of accepted articles in our journal and, in order to maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process. We apply the following rules:
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the areas and fields of research will not be considered for review.
- Submissions will be refereed by an expert suggested by the editorial team.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal’s editors on the basis of the referees’ reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents.
- Our peer-review process is a double-blind review, meaning that both the identities of the reviewer and the author of the paper will not be revealed.
- Plagiarism policy (adapted from Plagiarism.org):
The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines “to plagiarize” as:
- to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one’s own
- to use (another’s production) without crediting the source
- to commit literary theft
- to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
All of the following are considered plagiarism:
- turning in someone else’s work as your own
- copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
- failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
- giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
- changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
- copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not
Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided, however, by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source is usually enough to prevent plagiarism
We request that all authors use a plagiarism checking software prior to submitting the article. However, to ensure that no plagiarism goes undetected, all the submitted articles for publication in the International Journal of Education and Philology will be checked for plagiarism once again, after submission and before starting the review process.
If plagiarism is detected at this point, we will alert the author(s) and ask them to rewrite the content or the to cite the references from where the content has been taken. If more than 30% of the paper is plagiarized, the article will be rejected, and we will advise the author(s) to revise the article and resubmit it.
- Retraction policy:
Retractions will be considered by our editors in cases of proof of unreliable data or findings, plagiarism, duplicate publication, and unethical research. All retraction notices explain why the article was retracted. A link is provided to the original article which is marked as retracted but remains available to readers, and the retraction statement notifying readers of the invalidity of the published paper is linked to the original published paper.
Before submitting manuscripts, please download and use the journal’s template and follow the guidelines listed.